Education Series on the People’s Resistance in South Asia
From November to early December, the People’s Coalition on Food Sovereignty partnered with the International League of Peoples’ Struggle Asia Pacific and fellow international formations in initiating the Education Series on the People’s Resistance in South Asia. The initiative, formally launched on November 9, features webinars that aim to promote the people’s struggles and movements in South Asia.
Of the six webinars, PCFS hosted the fifth in partnership with Pakistan Kissan Mazdoor Tehreek (PKMT), Roots for Equity, People’s Movement against Port City (PMAPC), National Fisheries Solidarity Movement (NAFSO), and Asian Peasant Coalition. Titled Imperialism in South Asia (Part 1): On BRI and Chinese Investments, the webinar tackled how China’s growing influence and investments impact the subregion. It was held on December 7, 2020.
Here is the compilation of all the recorded livestreams broadcasted through Facebook:
- Messages of the organizers: https://fb.watch/2tMpC21mls/
- South Asia – Land and People: https://fb.watch/2f2lFsy5Zg/
- Human Rights Situation in South Asia: https://fb.watch/2f2nD3sUaY/
- Journey to India’s North East II: https://fb.watch/2f2t5Up0wi/
- Andolon Ebong Songhati (Struggles and Solidarity): Land,Life and Struggles of Indigenous Peoples in Bangladesh: https://fb.watch/2f2DKfklPk/
- Imperialism in South Asia (Part 1): On BRI and Chinese Investments: https://fb.watch/2f0EiiWIJp/
- Imperialism in South Asia (Part 2): On US Control & Influence and India’s Role: https://fb.watch/2tMn3FITDN/
The education series is just the beginning of our efforts in solidarity with the peoples of South Asia. You may follow the Facebook pages of the organizers for updates: