Join the November 6 Global Day of Action for Climate Justice!
On November 6, climate justice movements across the world are organizing decentralized mass mobilisations in a Global Day of Action for Climate Justice, bringing together movements to build power for system change – from indigenous struggles to trade unions, from racial justice groups to youth strikers.
We call on all formations under the International League of Peoples’ Struggle and the broad banner of the Southern People’s Action on COP26 to join the action through onground and online mass actions. There will be an onground Global Southern People’s side protest event before linking up to the central mobilization at Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow. There will also be decentralized actions across Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and Europe.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Conduct protest actions in your area, online or offline. You may coordinate the details of your action with us so that we can also disseminate it.
Here are some of the physical mobilizations where you can join:
- United Kingdom: 11:00 AM UTC+0 in Glasgow
- Philippines: 2:30 PM UTC+8 at University Avenue, University of the Philippines-Diliman, Quezon City
- Record a short video (3 minutes at most) with your message of solidarity, a cultural presentation, or a message demanding immediate climate action and calling for climate justice.
- Take photos of you together with your friends, family or organization holding placards with our calls. Here are some calls which you can use in your protest placards and materials:
- System Change, not Climate Change!
- People and Planet over Profit!
- Reject False Climate Solutions!
- Stop the Plunder of our Natural Resources!
- Stop Corporate Control on Agriculture and Food!
- Make Polluters Pay, Climate Reparations Now!
- Right to Exist, Right to Develop, Right to Resist!
- End CO2lonialism and Climate Imperialism!
- Defend Environmental Defenders!
Download the printable calls here: bit.ly/ClimateJusticeGDA
- Write a statement on the climate crisis and the need for climate justice.
- Join the Global Online Mobilization by registering at bit.ly/ClimateJusticeGDA2021 (11AM Glasgow / 7PM Manila / 7AM La Paz / 2PM Nairobi and Amman). Held simultaneously with the physical actions in Glasgow, it will feature the submitted videos and photos of the decentralized onground actions and online participation to our Global Day of Action as well as live updates of the Glasgow protest.
Kindly send to us your photos, videos, statements, etc. by uploading them at bit.ly/3k184k2. You may also post them on social media with the hashtags #EndClimateImperialism, #ClimateJusticeNow, and #PeoplePlanetOverProfit and tag the organizers such as @ILPSOfficial, @SPAC26, @PCFSGlobal on Facebook, and @ILPS_Official and @PCFSGlobal on Twitter.